
The weather's been so erratic with sporadic bursts of heat wave, even at night...fueling the search for the ultimate snow ice. It was supposed to be cooling peanut soup with ah balling but ended up at this other snow ice place that R and I haven't tried yet.
Summer Snow, with walls painted blue attracts quite a crowd given its strategic location right smack along the rows of local delicacies like laksa, nasi lemak..and rojak.

Somehow that day I steered clear of our usual Mango Ice choice and went gamely for Mix your own ($4), a choice of snow ice base with 2 types of toppings. It turned out to be champagne grape base with nata de coco and red beans. They ran out of mango and peanut.
It could be the heat, the snow ice melted even before being served, together with the syrup of the toppings, it was a battle of who eats the fastest. Wasn't the fluffy icy delight that resists temperature change, I've had snow ice that doesn't melt so quickly and retains the fluffy iciness until the last bite! Basically we were drinking snow ice shake towards the end of the dessert. The flavours didn't quite complement, my bad for not sticking with their "recommended/safe concoctions". Champagne grape snow ice did have the grape taste. Just alright overall...
Credit has to be given for the variety of flavours...champagne grape's a first for me.
The ranking of those I've tried so far...! The benchmark for THE snow ice is...
Level of sweetness, I'd prefer it not overloaded
Fluffy-snow ice that melts in your mouth but doesn't melt into a puddle even before you can finish it.
Variety of flavours
- Food Fair Snow Ice..I think it's located in AMK though.
- 32 degrees Farenheit
- Sweet Slice of Life / Summer Snow
- Anytime Food
Summer Frost
41 East Coast Road
hey try En-frost Cafe, located at Paradiz Centre #02-05. they do serve the snow ice dessert! i had went there and i think it's great!
ReplyDelete