Tea Lounge Revisited @ Regent Singapore

DSC_5159

Tea Lounge is undergoing a massive makeover since16 June and this was a timely farewell to the lounge that I've grown to so dearly adore. Word has it that interim, the weekday high tea will be showcased at Basilico's premises.

DSC_5160

So I had to do my part as a huge fan of Tea Lounge by booking the last high tea session at its current location pre makeover, just to soak in the ambience and remember the lovely place for the memories that I have had with them. And just over this high tea did the Hubba and I recount the occasions we've spent at Tea Lounge - our first wedding anniversary high tea during our hotel staycation, the last high tea session before I popped, Christmas and now before they renovate.

DSC_5074

The welcoming dessert piece is always eye catching.

DSC_5077


DSC_5078

DSC_5080

DSC_5081

DSC_5083

DSC_5084


Blini Pancakes, Sour Cream, Chives, Eggs, Onions with a medley of caviar varieties

While I am not hung up over the blinis, the caviar is the one that gets most attention. 


DSC_5096

These prawn fritters and mango sauce made their rounds and who can resist these fried things? Turns out throughout the session, there were a number of dishes that were distributed without refills.



DSC_5112

DSC_5098

I adore the sandwich corner best, the truffle tarts and smoked salmon deserved seconds and not to mention the most ordinary cucumber and egg sandies that tasted fab as well.

DSC_5085

Oh, cheese.

DSC_5110DSC_5097

Did I already mention I love cheeses? Grapes and blue cheese is possibly the most divine combination after port cheese and wine.

DSC_5091

The only buffet I actually tuck into salads is at Tea Lounge.

DSC_5093

Seafood salad deserved more than one helping, especially those plump scallops. 

And as usual, I usually eat too much from the appetizers corner and dessert and end up with that tiny space for only one helping for dishes from the mains.

DSC_5086

The hearty stuff.

DSC_5087

DSC_5099

Truffle and Mushroom Crusted Beef Prime Rib with Rosemary Potatoes

Otherwise also known as roast beef on the wagon with a mean red wine sauce and side of roasted potatoes and grilled tomatoes on the vine.

DSC_5116

Classic Steamed Chicken  Rice with Condiments

I gotta say while this has no michelin tag to it, it is a legit plate of chicken rice paradise. Loved the chilli and tender chicken.

DSC_5120

Regent's Signature Laksa

Signature as it is, I wish this came with more spice yet that said, the richness of the broth was well executed  with the full works of fishcake, curry leaves, laksa noodles and prawns, except hums.

DSC_5113

Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce

DSC_5103

King Prawn Congee with Dry Scallop and Goji Berry

DSC_5107



Superbly delicious and I was surprised diners were making a beeline for this! The robust broth had us returning for thirds even, just so good it could be drunk like soup, considering I do not love congee the way a typical cantonese ought to.

DSC_5122

Hokkien Mee

Boats of these were handed out at random and boy, was this delish!

DSC_5117

Dimsum at a buffet is usually shunned and I say this isn't Regent's forte either.

DSC_5128

I look forward most to dessert.

DSC_5129


DSC_5158



DSC_5151

DSC_5153

DSC_5135


DSC_5132

I clearly had too many sweets that day and the best thing is majority of these sweet treats are available at Dolcetto by Basilico for takeaway! I've hardly had a bad dessert at their buffet and have more than once headed back to Dolcetto just to do takeaways of the treats I miss so much!

When the renovation's done, I'll be back for more of these high tea sessions!

Tea Lounge
Regent Singapore

Comments