Desserts @ Haato 2



R brought us a surprise over dinner...heart shaped mochi with gelato inside. I've been to haato just once for its scoop ice-cream..didn't quite fancy the yuzu sorbet with cone then. The first reaction upon seeing the heart shaped babies was "Are these leftovers from Valentine's?"



Colourful pops of colour! They come in a box of 3, $6.60. At $2.20 each it is pricey.



The white's french vanilla, pink raspberry and yellow mango.

Sinking my teeth into the french vanilla and raspberry flavours, I declared myself a non-fan of Haato.



The second box...with oreo as a new addition...



No clear favourite, all tasted as unspectacular. Don't get me wrong, the gelato's fine..just that the combination of the mochi/snowskin does not go with gelato. Probably ice-cream would do the trick? Or a chewier mochi skin?

The mom felt it tasted quite like those Teochew snowskin pastries.

I'll pass!

http://www.haato.com.sg/

Haato

Comments

  1. I saw this mochi some time back and was debating to buy since they have a promotion... Looks like it is not fantastic to justify its price tag, the fact that you tag under "Never again"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's really bad! Good to look at and it ends there. The tackiest thing about it is...they're called "haatlets".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment