Huckleberry Food and Fare @ Kuala Lumpur

DSC_5127

Huckleberry Food and Fare is a household name for confectioneries, bakes and has a string of concepts catering to both day and night. I only chanced upon their takeaway counter at Bangsar Shopping Center and could not resist getting these sweet treats - just because.


They remind me of PS Café somehow.

DSC_5130

Red Velvet Cupcake (RM 7.90)

Always so irresistible though I cannot put a finger to being drawn to the flavour or because the mark of a good confectionery is the red velvet flavour. This was chocolatey, rich and tasted just like chocolate cake dyed red and topped with a toothsome cream cheese.


Coconut Gula Melaka Cupcake (RM 7.90)

The lightest in terms of cake consistency as compared to the rest, I like how coconut and gula melaka almost always works for all cake recipes. A no brainer here.


DSC_5131

Carrot Pecan Cupcake (RM 7.50) 

Crumbly cake which I am not quite a fan of but that cream cheese once again, was worth the calories. 

It is a pity I did not get down to trying their signature chocolate cake - and I can only imagine how good they would be. Our local Plain Vanilla still ranks tops for me for cupcakes.

Comments