Thunder Tea Rice @ Joo Chiat

DSC_1062

Having been on a roll for Thunder Tea Rice, it became apparent I had to give this particular store a try at its flagship. It did not dawn on me that they had so many outlets and the one that I have been patronizing all these years belonged to this same one!

DSC_1052

Thunder Tea Rice ($4.50)
Brown Rice ($5)

Next to Hakka abacus and yong tau foo, thunder tea rice remains one of my top favourite dishes from their cuisine. The star on the menu and a must order at every table. A single dish that packs so many types of greens and tofu, seasoned with dried shrimp and fried ikan bilis and served with a side of thunder tea which is too grassy for me.

DSC_1056

Missing out on flavour somewhat, it came across as on the bland side. Do request for their chilli padi and homemade chilli sauce for more flavouring.

Craving satisfied!

DSC_1058

Basil Chicken Rice ($6)

On top of just offering thunder tea rice and vermicelli, there are a host of basil based dishes which opens a variety of choices for other diners.

Laced with sweet sauce instead of fish sauce, I found it too sweet.

DSC_1060

Hometown Chicken Ngoh Hiang ($5)

Deep fried till crisp, there was a certain frozen meat aftertaste that I did not fancy.

Thumbs up for innovation but I say stick with their classics for satisfaction.

Thunder Tea Rice
328 Joo Chiat Road #01-04
Lau Pa Sat Festival Market, Stall 12
Food Republic Vivocity
Food Republic Suntec City
Blk 480 Toa Payoh, Lorong 6, HDB Hub
6 Changi Business Park Central 1, Changi City Point, $02-01/02, Stall5

Comments