Drury Lane @ Tanjong Pagar

Drury Lane has been on my list for quite a while now and it took a rainy day for me to check it out. The love hate relationship with rainy days is, cafes are mostly empty then and it gives random customers like me the full liberty to enjoy the cafe and well, better service too.




It is hard to miss with its bright red doors and road sign.


Chalkboard menu.


Cute wallpaper. 


For once, I find russian dolls adorable.


I spy an interesting pricing tactic.




Big 94 ($14)
Eggs, beef sausage, mushrooms, honey cured turkey bacon, baked beans and toast

Served all day, this brunch item had all the staples and the only difference lay in the turkey bacon.



Steak and Cheese Sandwich ($8)
Honey mustard beef, caramelized onions, cheese

I was totally expecting dry beef slices and cheese but when it came piled on with tender beef cubes, I gave my sandwich full attention. This was a seriously good sandwich, maybe understated but the tenderness in the beef was so memorable.



Caramel Chocolate Tart ($5)

The ugly tart base may have stolen some brownie points from this dessert but the filling did not disappoint for liquid heaven - chocolate and caramel poured into a tart shell. This is what you get and some may feel short changed with this haphazardness.



Carrot Cake ($6)

Moist and studded with enough walnuts to make a bunny happy - I thought this was a decent effort.

The only disappointment encountered was when they ran out of their candy chocolate bar that I was eyeing the whole time I was there. Another visit, Drury Lane beckons.

Drury Lane
94 Tanjong Pagar Road

Comments