Fanny's @ Ho Chi Minh

fannys

Like Highlands Coffee, Fanny's is HCM's answer to Haagan Dazs. Unlike Highlands, Fanny's is not as ubiquitous but it is homegrown. Their range of icecream varieties is quite wide but flavours are uniquely Vietnamese...think yam, green rice, coconut and the usual favourites.

I could not bear to leave without trying their famous concoctions. The arrival of it made me laugh..not for presentation but the portions. Indeed, the price matched the puny proportion. Maybe that's how Haagan Dazs drew inspiration from too! I remember paying through my nose for bite sized portions icecream scoop creations!

fannys exterior

Icecream buffet every Friday!

fanny icewater

Anyhow, I liked the concept - basket and all.

la campagne

La Campagne (79,000 VND)


Green Tea
Stracciatella
Young Rice
Coconut

All had grainy bits embedded within the creamy mixture. Delicious. I'd have gladly ordered yet another if drinks next door was not on the cards.Fondue seemed to be the most popular item amongst the tables, the easiest way to taste all their flavours.

Make Fanny's a must visit for a taste of Vietnam.

www.fanny.com.vn

Fanny's 
29-31 Ton That Thiep Street
District 1
Ho Chi Minh

Comments

  1. Haha you are the only one who says Fanny's is good. Everybody I know who tried their ice creams says it's bad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's because I tried a worse one in hcm! heh, even the people on tripadvisor did say it's quite bad but I don't see how bad it is...at least we don't have green rice icecream here to compare! For a start, I don't even think Haagen Dazs is that great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment