Snacks on Ebbelweiss Express


I'd fondly remember this particular Hop On Hop Off Bus in Frankfurt...it fulfilled all the childhood fantasies of hoping into a caravan with sparkly lights within and music that sounded off a broken recorder. I credit Enid Blyton for making the childhood fond and daydreaming second nature. Daydreaming termed "not paying attention" by teachers who would hover around me like hawks and frown in the most unapproving manner ever. Yet, to me it was a form of escaping from reality even if just for a while.

Ebbelweiss Express connected with me almost immediately when I saw it chugging down the tram lines.


6€ gets you a ticket ride for the day, a bag of pretzels and a bottle of drink! 

The conductor hobbled over with his leg in a cast, issued tickets from a wooden box and asks cheerily "Sparkling or Still? Apfelwein or Apple Juice?"



Crunchy pretzels for nibbling along the way whilst the tram takes you around Frankfurt, a pity though that you have to decipher the attractions on your own.


All I needed was sitting through the route three times to get slightly sick of the same over-excited accordion music and blinking carnival lights.

Do note that it operates only on public holidays and weekends!

Comments