Pine Court Dumplings 2 @ Meritus Mandarin



The second year running back at Pine Court for their dumplings. Honestly, I didn't know Dumpling Festival's coming until the papers started reporting slow sales for dumplings.

After last year's Abalone and Shark's Fin Dumpling, my sis and I went for the new additions..! Their celestial dumpling was priced cheaper at $48 this year, a nosedive from the hefty $68.

They had mockups of the sizing of the dumplings this year..cool!



The two prized and the obviously recycled chinese new year carrier!



Lotus Paste Rice Dumpling ($4.20)

The usual sweet dumplings that I've tried are either filled with red bean or eaten with sugar. Lotus paste sounds much like an early Mid Autumn! The lotus paste tasted like peanut butter and white lotus paste, surprisingly the flavours didn't clash. Yum!



Stewed Dong Po Pork Rice Dumpling ($16.80)

Nested in two layers of lotus leaves.



Packaging always boosts the perceived value of things, this new addition dumpling came in a bamboo basket. The size of the dumpling's is approximately two of the normal Kimchoo ones. I love the moment of revelry of fillings within dumplings. Hidden within's a fat, oily chunk of dong po pork with salted egg, chunks of root vegetables and mushrooms. Yam is mashed with the rice, very delicious! I've always had a soft spot for yam rice, this yam glutinous rice is mashed so soft and chewy, fragrant too! The mushrooms taste good, as if they were bubbled in a large pot for days. Dong Po Pork, is simply braised pork, the fatty proportions far exceeds the meaty bits but I walloped it down at the same. The oil levels are alarming but you can't fault this finely created dumpling for the calories. The flavours are all well balanced and for once, I don't mind losing to a fatty meat dumpling.

Once again, Pine Court left me wishing I bought more. Till next year!

Pine Court Chinese Restaurant
Meritus Mandarin

Comments