Singapore Zam Zam 2 @ North Bridge Road



The family's tradition is...having a Non-chinese meal on 大年初 一, the previous years was at Samy's, Bananaleaf and this year, we had Zam Zam! My first time dining there, though we often to a takeaway of their famous murtabak!



Their wall of famed food..



A corner of dishes...



Spiced chicken, I like how well roasted the chicken is..the meat's very tender (I prefer my chicken with some bite..) overall was on the plain side.



Egg Roti Prata, the bomb! Fluffy dough with egg...I love how their pratas/murtabaks are so chewy and solid. My main grouse, only prata with egg on the menu..no other variation...



Beef Rendang supposedly one of their signatures...I didn't mind this...it's quite tasty but just lacking in flavours.



Curry cabbage.. just alright..not many vegetable options were available, just cabbage or lady's finger.




Chicken Curry, the meat was way too soft, the kind that detaches from the bone slight pulling.



Nasi Briyani was undercooked? The grains were too dry and surely far from the palatable dish that I envisioned it to be.



Mee Goreng, the waiter claimed their "must try". A disappointment, the noodles are stringy..just egg and tomatoes in this dish.



Tea Ahlia and Teh Tarik which were too thin.

All in, $19.50 for 4 of us...which is a deal for eating house standards...but a disappointment for a huge ZZ-murtabak fan! You can't really complain about the quality of food for the price we're paying..I'll still stick to their murtabaks.

Singapore Zam Zam Restaurant

679 - 699 North Bridge Road
8am - 11pm

Comments