Singapore Zam Zam @ North Bridge Road



Zam Zam's one of those heritage places that should never ever close, 100 years of history to its name..it's ALWAYS crowded. Consistently good murtabaks!

I grew up eating Zam Zam, literally. The dad's a huge fan of this place, only for one dish; Chicken Murtabak. Only my Dad gets the taste right with his order...none of us in the family managed to master it (as yet).

We love it, extra crispy, extra gravy, extra chilli...and (the secret lies in) fish curry to go! Trust me, it tastes somewhat different with the above "extras", I tried it without any of the special instructions..lacked the oomph as I usually love it.

Murtabaks are a more sinful version of pratas, given it's nearly double the thickness and thrice the size of one, filled with chicken slices (think tandoori chicken, heavily flavoured), flanked with generous servings of curry gravy in the murtabak AND green chilli! Together with fish curry, I say...it's a gastronomical orgasm. ;)

$6 onwards per portion (feeds about two-three nicely)


Singapore Zam Zam Restaurant

679 - 699 North Bridge Road
8am - 11pm

Comments