Mezza9 @ Grand Hyatt


I happened to be in the vicinity of Grand Hyatt one evening and was nursing a huge carbo craving, what a better time to have cakes to satisfy the crave? What sweetens the deal (oops for the pun)...all baked goods are half price after 830pm and cakes at 930pm! The dizzying array of sweets left me pondering what to get, nearly everything looks good! Pity the macaroons weren't on sale. *gastronomical sigh*

Black Forest, $6.50+

ST ranked this as one of the "Top 50 yummiest cakes" hence labeling a "must-try" at the back of my mind. Layers of chocolate chiffon sandwiching the sour berries, the bottom most layer is chocolate mousse, all the sin topped with chocolate shavings, whipped cream and more chocolate. I honestly wasn't too impressed by this, just alright.



Strawberry Short
cake, $4.50+ (right)

I chose this over strawberry cheesecake, the waitress was kind enough to explain the difference in taste. This is supposedly "more vanilla" than the cheesecake. The sponge cake was soft and well, the strawberries added that fruity twang to the cake.

Prune Tart, $4.50+ (left)

A large prune tart with cake filling and slice prunes. I loved this best of the three, the tart's got a good crunch and taste to it. Well they say leave the best things to the last? I certainly did.

One good thing about the cakes from Mezza9, sugar's used sparingly which is a good idea! Who days desserts have to be sickeningly sweet?

All 3 for $8.30, leaving me satisfied and thankful the wallet wasn't burnt. I'll be back for more! The scones and caramel cake are equally enticing.

Mezza9
Grand Hyatt

Comments