Mushroom Soon Kueh • Rice Kueh • Crystal Dumpling @ Lorong 17 Geylang

The dad also caught onto my kueh addiction and texted one if I were keen to try these handmade kuehs from a famous stall in Geylang. For uncle standards and kopi shop recommendations, I guess they cannot be too wrong?


  DSC_1879

Soon kueh skin with a uniform thickness all over and a slightly salty turnip filling. Not the best, neither is this the worst, just mediocre.


DSC_1881

With the same skin, the ku chye version fared better somehow. For this, my favourite is from Yong's that comes with beancurd skin too!


DSC_1883


The biggest surprise is their peanut ang ku kueh that comes with such a molten filling! I am a fan of the filling just not over the thicker than usual skin.

Either the filling or skin works for these kuehs and not both in any that I tried - bummer! I'm sticking with Yong's or Poh Cheu.

Mushroom Soon Kueh • Rice Kueh • Crystal Dumpling
Lorong 17 Geylang

Comments