The Alley Cafe @ Stewart Lane, Penang

DSC_2890

 Cafe hopping has not been my agenda in Penang even back in the first trip and with such a packed schedule and a toddler in tow, I only had time for one cafe and it was after dinner. Talk about...what cafe hopping really.

DSC_2861

I LOL-ed at this corner, remember to head all the way in for quirky corners like these.

DSC_2864

Babycino for the littlest came with his first dash of milo powder. Milk moustache and his gummy smiles made this venture worth it.


DSC_2882

I am loving how cafes are venturing beyond coffee and tea - my burnt lemonade included. It's zesty and tangy and just the refreshing respite after a tum busting dinner.


DSC_2878

Cappucino...


DSC_2879

And a side of peanut candy - it's these little local and nostalgic touches that makes Alley Cafe so charming.


DSC_2883

Had I known the drinks came with peanut candy, I may have just opted for a different topping for my churros. These are a must try!

DSC_2887

Chewy, crispy and oh holy cow so yummy with that salted caramel dip and peanut candy topping. I take back my words about being too full. Even with two churros each, I was lemming for more. These are just soooo good.

DSC_2872

Then comes another not very common and must try burnt cheesecake.

It is velvet smooth, not too sweet and is paired with sweet whipped cream. A sweet and simple finale that would rival the churros for a die die must try dessert here.


DSC_2888

Until the next time, The Alley Cafe!

The Alley
5, Stewart Ln, Georgetown, 10200 George Town, Penang

Comments