Red Hat Char Koay Teow @ Lorong Selamat, Penang

DSC_2406

I definitely was not ambitious in my CKT hunt this time, infact I only had 1 on my list to track down. Red Hat's and how glad was I that there was not only no queue, the weather was within acceptable comfort limits. 

Spot the cafe with the CKT signage fronting the stall. 

DSC_2407

Since I flew into the country, I had to go big or go home. RM 12.50 it had to be! 


DSC_2412

I wish I could catch the old lady in action but turns out the younger man would be cooking us a storm instead. Lots of lard and frying over this well greased wok. Expectations were set high. 


DSC_2424 DSC_2426
Of all that I've eaten, this definitely tops the list for wok hei, lard and the amazing bit about it is - it hardly tastes oily! So satisfying too with those large curled up prawns, I wish he'd go easier on the bicarbonate. 

Red Hat CKT
Heng Huat Café, Lorong Selamat

Comments