Food For Thought @ National Museum of Singapore

I used to frequent Food For Thought at 8AM and also Botanical Gardens a fair bit and back then, brunch was the most important meal of the day and I saved my calories for their amazing pancake stack.


If not for the recent first birthday celebration I attended at FFT that National Museum, I actually would have lost track of their closures and re-openings. The location's really top notch for families since a day at the museum sounds like the perfect way to expose the little ones to art appreciation.

fft4

Fries with Sambal Mayo ($8)


Sold on sambal mayo, I overlooked that the pork cutlet I ordered also came with fries. The cheaper alternative is to top up 50 cents for mayo with that! This was more mayo than sambal though, and the fries were not that great so I could have just gone with the spam fries instead.

fft3
Spicy Creamy "Mee Siam" ($20)
Prawn linguine, red capsicums, lime


I love this! Understated two dishes in one - spicy mee siam flavoured pasta and to some extent it reminded me of dry curry mee.





fft2

Pulled Pork Cocciolini ($18)
Baby seashell pasta, cherry tomatoes, sunny egg, bacon


The pulled pork was A-Okay, just not wow. I'd consider this a dish to miss.


fft1

Hainanese Pork Cutlet ($22)
Sautéed garden greens, heritage ketchup glaze, fries


Kudos to FFT for keeping these classics alive by having them on their menu - however, with portions this huge and being over fried, I was less than impressed.




I would return for the fried curry chicken and perhaps that meesiam linguine! Else the museum is always a place to revisit to check out the exhibits or the architecture itself.






Food For Thought
93 Stamford Road #01-04/05              

Comments