T20 Cavan Restaurant and Bar @ Cavan Road

DSC_3534

The.twenty.cavan also known as T20 joins the enclave of cafes that dot Jalan Besar with a fusion concept. Think Western and Asian flavours presented in a rustic style bistro with an open concept kitchen.

T20 Cavan at 20 Cavan Road cannot get more in your face.

DSC_3537

Touches like these literally light up the cafe.



DSC_3561

With a flicker of a button, it transformed into a light lamp.

DSC_3538

Industrial chic ruleths the design of the bistro.

DSC_3540

Right by the counter where drinks come alive, I spotted this corner that doubles up as a snack corner. It's a walk down memory lane with bits and bobs from yesteryears - gem cookies, curry crackers and even peas!

DSC_3541

My little bowl of yesterday.
DSC_3547

These aren't part of my childhood but I just couldn't help but reach for these wrapper sweets.

DSC_3545


DSC_3550

Mushroom Skewers ($8)

Rather than just fried mushrooms on a skewer, these were more like vegetable skewers with a medley of peppers, onions and mushrooms. The sauce in particular resembled tauhu telor's peanut sauce and was really delicious.

DSC_3555

Canton Roast Chicken ($16)
Homemade Thai Chilli Sauce, Black Rice

I am hardly the roast chicken fan but at the recommendation of the waitress, this proved to be worth the while. Golden brown crispy skinned juicy chicken with a ingenious spiced nuts tossed in for texture and served with a portion of sticky black rice.

Completely took Hainanese Chicken Rice, nailed it and pulled off a rendition I reckon could rival the original. 

DSC_3560

Fish + Chips ($16)
Seabream, Lager Batter

I am sorry but dory fish and chips is not my idea of fish and chips, infact the metallic taste that lingers makes the dish almost rancid.

Seabream, snapper, cod even makes me delighted and coat it with a lager batter? We are talking serious fishy business. Loved this to the last crumb and we both swore to return for more.

Heck, even the chips were addictive.

DSC_3535 

T20's on my list of must return and I've got my eye on their more adventurous blueberry lamb chops and soft shell crab!

T20 Cavan Restaurant and Bar
20 Cavan Road

Comments