Monster Curry @ Parkway Parade

DSC_0333

Curries are very much part of my diet, being the typical Singaporean. Peranakan, Indian, Malay and Japanese curries have over the years found their way into my palette. My main grouse with Japanese curry is, it lacks the oomph that its spicier relatives pack and that leaves a sense of dissatisfaction for spice lovers like me.

DSC_0332

A very eyecatching colour scheme they've got!

DSC_0331

And an in house mascot too!

DSC_0330

Cue Monster Curry for being the only Japanese restaurant in Singapore to serve a “demi-glace” curry sauce. Their Monster Curry’s sauce contains up to 14 different spices and vegetables and requires up to two days to cook. Level 1 starts with one saucy heart.

DSC_0327

Chicken Katsu Curry ($13)

DSC_0329

5 different levels of spiciness to select from, I went ahead with Level 3 (Extra Hot) which really just meant extra squirts of a chilli sauce made from chilli padi amongst other spices. Portions for one was really generous, with rice, curry, pickles and a perfectly crisp chicken katsu chop. I found the bite just nice though my companion found it on the tough side.

Monster curry sets are available for sharing or those with a super ravenous appetite. I spied families of 3-4 sharing the platter and

Monster Curry
Parkway Parade #01-11

Comments