Tai Cheong @ Tsing Yi Station, Hong Kong

DSC_0483

Tai Cheong has a special place in my heart, so much so, every single time I visit Hong Kong I make space for their famous signatures.

The humble egg tart. This time round, I had my eye on another of their lesser known yet wildly popular 莎翁, not related to Shakespeare whatsoever.

DSC_0485

A chinese donut I say with a sugar dusted pastry in hand.

DSC_0486

The pockets of air make this a very light pastry and tastes like the diet version of french toast without any of the density. The eggy taste is pleasant as well.

DSC_0487 

Gluttony would have it when the lady was promoting her "Buy 2 get 1 free" promotion. Resolute wavered and I ended up with 1 莎翁 and 2 of their lardy egg tarts. Fat die me, indeed.

Tai Cheong
Tsing Yi Station 

Comments