Oceans of Seafood @ Pasarbella

Special thanks to Jaslyn for the invite!

DSC_0011

I remember how bummed I was when I missed the auspicious timing for tuna auction at Tsukiji market and I made up for it by queueing a grand total of 3 hours in the wee hours of morning in the cold for Sushi Dai. Fast forward many other japanese meals later, I get invited to a meal that kickstarts with an actual live Bluefin Tuna cutting demonstration, kindly supported by Oceans of Seafood. 

I may miss out on the cold and having to trudge the streets of Japan at ungodly hours so why not pop by Oceans of Seafood at Pasarbella daily at 6pm for all the action that is happening! 


DSC_0019

DSC_0023

DSC_0025

DSC_0026

DSC_0028

Chef Mizu San performed a medley with the majestic 50 kilogrammed blue fin Tuna. Skillfully trimming off the prized parts of chutoro and negitoro for our viewing pleasure. 

If tuna is not up your alley, there are tons of other seafood available to tantalise your tastebuds as well! 

DSC_0001

Lobsters anyone?

DSC_0002


Upclose with the beady eyed crustaceans.

DSC_0004

Boston lobsters never fail to tempt me. Buy a lobster get 50% off oysters? I say deal.

DSC_0006

Slurppppp-a-burp, I am sorry I had to eat you.

DSC_0009

Never say no to oysters!

DSC_0008

When you have decided on which seafood, head over to the counter to decide the cooking method. Sushimi, sushi, grill or poach.

DSC_0013

Festive promotions available include this special platter at $148, gret for 2-3 pax and comprises of a delicious boston lobster, 2 sticks of tuna balls, 1 dungeness crab, 4 prawns, 8 mussels and a bottle of sparkling wine.

DSC_0014

Not forgetting a side of salmon salad too.

DSC_0012 

Soaked in brine, these were great with sake or beer. 






DSC_0040

Grilled Lobster
Garlic Butter

Lobsters galore these days, I was hoping to check off another lobster roll but grilled lobster is good too. 

DSC_0034

I love my oysters freshly shucked with a dab of lemon.

50% off these following dishes until January 2015. Prices mentioned below are after discount.


DSC_0037

Chutoro Sashimi ($18)

DSC_0047

Chutoro Nigiri ($3)

DSC_0049

Negitoro Temaki ($3)

DSC_0055

Negitoro Chirashi ($17)

DSC_0044

Tuna Hamburger ($14)

Tuna was cooked and presented in so many ways that night - I would have hit the quota of tuna for the month!

DSC_0051

Do remember to try their miso soup, made with mussels and fish stock that made this extra tasty.

DSC_0030

Christmas always gives me reason to drink and in this case, Oceans of Seafood has 2 festive cocktails to recommend. Peach jelly infused with sake, a lady's drink that left me light headed but terribly in love with the jelly texture. This could double up as a dessert too!

DSC_0032

For the more gungho, here's plum liqueur.

It was a gastronomical meal to add - the copious amounts of blue fin tuna consumed.The slashed prices makes travelling so far for it a good deal too!

DSC_0041

Merry Christmas one and all!

Oceans of Seafood
Pasarbella

Comments