Dessert at Cedele is staple, infact I still look forward to having their cakes and icecreams despite the misses along the way. I can gladly say I have attempted all their cakes and here's a rundown -
Red Velvet
I made two attempts on this to wave it off as an outlet inconsistency.
Their red velvet at Great World City was soggy, rough and all off unpalatable. The red velvet could have gotten lost in all that was going on, it could pass off as any other flavour. The cream cheese frosting was delectable, thankfully frosting saved the day! Reviews have suggested a varying standard across outlets but I am not about to take a risk at yet another from Cedele.
And then came the second, this time there was a full cake sitting prettily on display. I had to have it since it probably tastes best for the first slice! They reddened the cake with natural red vegetable juice and a tinge of chocolate which gives it the dull red outlook as opposed to a chocolate-based red velvet cake. The high moisture content makes this an easy target for soggy cake but this slice was actually decent - moist with a mild kueh texture. I like my red velvet rich and sinful so this lacked decadence. Vanilla cream was a light icing on the cake too - loves!
Apple Caramello
I like apple pie, apple tart, apple streusel, apple strudel and in short, all things apple. This apple cake combines apple slices, oat walnut granola and salted caramel cream cheese in one. Loved the cream cheese frosting, a wonderful balance of savoury and sweet. Mighty love for this combination - every bite is filled with so much goodness, I want another slice right now!

Strawberry Rose
A mother's day special for 2013, it is blended with dragon fruit and sandwiched with a light strawberry cream filling. Ingredients used were simpler and flavours were nothing fancy despite an exotic dragonfruit included. There are other options, unfortunately.
Sesame Tahini
This probably is not their best seller judging by the frequency this cake makes an appearance on the shelves. Heavily studded with black sesame seeds, this moist menacing-looking cake is filled with black sesame paste and finished with white sesame tahini. Absolutely a divine number - imagine black sesame paste in a cake!

Pear Hazelnut cake
Father's Day special with a luscious sponge filled with pear and hazelnut cream. Almost like Apple Caramello without the crunch. An underdog without striking flavours like black sesame or seasalt, easy to love and well like all fathers, mostly under appreciated! Worthy to be kept on their permanent list!
The quest to try all their cakes is not over, I just need more resolute or perhaps more cake outings.
Red Velvet
I made two attempts on this to wave it off as an outlet inconsistency.
Their red velvet at Great World City was soggy, rough and all off unpalatable. The red velvet could have gotten lost in all that was going on, it could pass off as any other flavour. The cream cheese frosting was delectable, thankfully frosting saved the day! Reviews have suggested a varying standard across outlets but I am not about to take a risk at yet another from Cedele.
And then came the second, this time there was a full cake sitting prettily on display. I had to have it since it probably tastes best for the first slice! They reddened the cake with natural red vegetable juice and a tinge of chocolate which gives it the dull red outlook as opposed to a chocolate-based red velvet cake. The high moisture content makes this an easy target for soggy cake but this slice was actually decent - moist with a mild kueh texture. I like my red velvet rich and sinful so this lacked decadence. Vanilla cream was a light icing on the cake too - loves!
Apple Caramello
I like apple pie, apple tart, apple streusel, apple strudel and in short, all things apple. This apple cake combines apple slices, oat walnut granola and salted caramel cream cheese in one. Loved the cream cheese frosting, a wonderful balance of savoury and sweet. Mighty love for this combination - every bite is filled with so much goodness, I want another slice right now!
Strawberry Rose
A mother's day special for 2013, it is blended with dragon fruit and sandwiched with a light strawberry cream filling. Ingredients used were simpler and flavours were nothing fancy despite an exotic dragonfruit included. There are other options, unfortunately.
Sesame Tahini
This probably is not their best seller judging by the frequency this cake makes an appearance on the shelves. Heavily studded with black sesame seeds, this moist menacing-looking cake is filled with black sesame paste and finished with white sesame tahini. Absolutely a divine number - imagine black sesame paste in a cake!
Pear Hazelnut cake
Father's Day special with a luscious sponge filled with pear and hazelnut cream. Almost like Apple Caramello without the crunch. An underdog without striking flavours like black sesame or seasalt, easy to love and well like all fathers, mostly under appreciated! Worthy to be kept on their permanent list!
The quest to try all their cakes is not over, I just need more resolute or perhaps more cake outings.
Comments
Post a Comment