Jones The Grocer Revisited @ Mandarin Gallery

We popped by Jones for a tête-à-tête to rest the feet one lazy afternoon and true enough, it was fairly filled with diners even at 530pm. Beats me why I usually end up peckish before a proper meal. 

mushroom tart

Portobello Mushroom, Balsamic Onion, Goat’s Cheese Tart Tartin ($14.50)

Earthy plump mushrooms stole the show from the sweetened tart. I love goat cheese but the caramelised onions overshadowed it. 

croissant

Croissant ($2.50)

layers

How I missed you so! Still the familiar buttery goodness with every crunch of the multi layers. Woe to the diet, but heaven on earth with every mouthful. They still know how to do their croissants well. I prefer the jams at Tiong Bahru Bakery though.

Great for all meals actually, it took me quite a number of years to understand the unfazed love people have for Jones.

Jones The Grocer
Mandarin Gallery

Comments