Marks and Spencers Bakery @ Wheelock Place

bakery

Marks and Spencers have opened a Bakery at their latest outlet at Wheelock. I literally smelt my way through the department store. Freshly made bakes throughout the day, bringing their food section to a perfect circle. It would be greater than great if they had a cafe!

Herd instinct perhaps? In the couple of minutes that I was taking my picks, the bakery was filled with people which diminished as quickly as well. The range albeit limited was good enough to get me fixated and spoilt for choice - mainly sweets though. Tarts, pastries and doughnuts are just a few from the list. I hope they expand it!

caramel tart

Caramel Tart ($3.30)

Baby, you had me at hello. Nothing that Frangipane or Almond or even Pear and Peach could do to divert the attention.

sliced


Even when kept overnight, this was nothing short of mindblowing. Mildly sweet caramel and chocolate on top of a strangely firm tart - especially when I expected it to fall apart from all the soggyness. Mighty one, Marks and Spencers! Loved the smooth texture and awesome finish.


lemon cupcake

Lemon Muffin ($3.50)

lemon curd

I have not quite eaten an angel food cake before but this seemed to fit the bill - sponge cake. No ordinary one, this remarkably moist and light spongecake is fragrant too. Plumped with lemon curd and lemon frosting, the ultimate zesty cake I say! I had an "oohlala" moment as I bit into both the curd and frosting. Loved the lemon rinds blended in too.

cheese pretzel

Cheese Pretzel ($2.50)

Slightly dense dough with a light buttery fragrance, the taste was easy to like and hard to forget.

danish

Maple Pecan Pastry ($3.30)

Maple Pecan cereal in a pastry - loved the accents of maple syrup, sweet smelling and absolutely fragrant with the pecans. The honey was spilling over every bite. Yummy ultimate. It already tasted this good cold, heaven it must be right off the oven!

Prices are on the steep side but hey, I am sold.

Marks and Spencers
Wheelock

Comments

  1. Prices are pretty decent, the tart is about £1.50 in the Uk, muffins about £1. Fair price for Sg, I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @annon: ok, that makes this a greater deal! can't wait to try the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi foodaholic,

    Do you know if they have scones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @stela: As far as memory serves me, they only sell those in pre-packed bags and not freshly made ones. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment