Gravity Bar @ Carlton Hotel

Gravity Bar at Carlton Hotel resides on the ground floor which became the butt of jokes. Perhaps it would have been a wiser choice to locate this on the top floor and call it "Defying Gravity." Nonetheless, it was empty for a weekend. Barely three tables filled, this meant we had all the attention of the waitresses. As superficial as it sounds...having matured waitresses at the bar does seem like a disconnect..unless they are exceptionally friendly and this was the issue with Gravity Bar.

Peanut and ikan bilis were the only nibblers for the night. Fresh off from the pack, these were replaced so readily..even when you are not done with the first..the second gets served so quickly.

IMG_1422 

Lychee Martini

This was nice not great..especially when the tastebuds have been spoilt so by Morton's potent concoction..this was but a mocktail of it, if they had to be compared. That being said, I enjoyed my plump juicy lychees though.

Strawberry Champagne Cocktail ($26)

Moët & Chandon champagne was used to churn out this sweet cocktail.

I have to admit I had a good time listening to the radio friendly hits that the vocally competent Fillipino duo were belting. Perhaps having an empty bar also means the management is more lax on the customers' bringing in outside food...at least I spied a table tucking into hawker fare and nuts purchased from the convenience store!

Gravity Bar
Carlton Hotel

Comments