Cova, a patisserie that I missed trying out in Hongkong had been tugging at my salivary glands for the longest time. It is just one of those things that I would insist on trying inspite of negative reviews. Word has it that the mains actually do fare better than their desserts.
Packaged the way the French would...I actually find Cova's packaging thoughtful and artistic.
Trio of bliss?
Muesli Sundae ($6)
A creamy concoction of mousse and muesli and yes, it really bears hints of a sundae! Not sure exactly how to pinpoint what but I reckon the lovely creamy texture reminds of sundae.
Mango Cream Cake ($6)
Made with sponge so feathery light, I wonder if it even filled any part of the tum. All's way too soft, from the sponge crumbs to the cream to mango balls.
Mimose ($6)
Tart based, this once again was plumped with way too much cream, I lost track of the flavours.
A peek into what I mean. If it makes sense at all, it's a flat tart with loads of cream.
All three had way too much cream that tipped the balance over for a dessert lover like me. I figure you must really love your drinks flooded with whipped cream to find love at Cova. Muesli Sundae would be a safe bet if tea is on the agenda. Pricey desserts that would place TWG on a more delicious note for tea in particular. At least TWG has a trolley to complete the look!
Cova
Paragaon
Comments
Post a Comment