Wedding Dinner @ Hill Top Restaurant, Civil Service Club



Wedding Dinner at Civil Service Club! I honestly was not aware that they had a ballroom to begin with, though prior visits only pointed to a somewhat lacking in outlook Chinese Restaurant.



47 tables it could fit nicely in the Ballroom.



Suckling Pig Cold Dish

All dishes fared quite well.

Prawn Salad that was fresh. Chewy spicy Jelly Fish. Spicy Shellfish that I could not resist seconds, thirds and even forths. The crunchy suckling pig could have been crispier but I gobbled, fats and meat down. Delicious fried spring roll and ngor hiang.



Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crab Meat

, stare hard at the thick fan of fins. I'm probably going to be cursed by the animal activists. Was doubly yummy to taste the wholeness of the fins and was not minced nor shredded into undiscernible bits.



Steamed Red Garoupa

Slightly overcooked but still succulent.



Braised Mixed Superior Seafood

Don't the plump scallops just appeal to the senses? It's probably just me and plump seafood that screams juicy.



Fried Prawn with Cereal

Uber yummy, the cereal was great to taste save for the over bearing milk powder aftertaste after the numerous spoonfuls I was shoving down the throat.



Braised Abalone with Spinach

Such is seafood decadence. Scallops, Shark's Fin, Abalone, Prawns...my heartfelt apologies to the creatures of the sea.



Fried Rice in Lotus Leaf

The blandness somehow rounded off this rich meal nicely.



Yam Paste with Gingko Nuts

This rivals Peony Jade's, the rich smooth starchy paste in creamy coconut milk with gems of gingko...two bowls of sin.

I left the dinner absolutely sold on restaurant food rather than hotel food. Good job done by HillTop Restaurant, I certainly classify this as hidden gem! Service was bearable with all the aunties "tsk-ing" and muttering when you made a request for extra drinks or changing of plates.

I should think this will be my last wedding dinner for the year..until the next! To date, I already have 2 to attend in 2010 and 1 in 2011. Do people really plan so ahead?

Comments