Wedding Dinner @ Ritz Carlton

The second red bomb of the year! Figured it's the start of alot more weddings to come and November-December seems to be the season for weddings (there's another this weekend!)..anyhow, Ritz Carlton it is this time. Poshnosh as the name sounds, wedding planner in tow, everything went so smooth.

Romance is always high during weddings but this particular wedding was different. Not just the decor of the place, Daniel Ong entertaining us, very spontaneous jiemeis and brothers...the pre-dinner photography available..the live singer serenading us with her husky powerful vocals...DJ spinning disco-worthy hits later and me hitting the dance floor!

The fanciful aside, here's the lowdown on the food!




Lovely, the hall was done up. 60 tables didn't look too cramped. Nicely spaced out.



Even the napkins are tied with a bow!



Zooming in on the massive awesome oh-so-sweet-and-romantic spread of rose petals on the table!! In awe I was with the whole fairytale ambience. Guess what? The rose petals were there throughout, dinner was served in portions with the waiter coming up to you and introducing the dish. "Hi, this is what-what-what, your first dish". The diners in the table found this somewhat unnecessary, like what can you do even if you didn't want the dish? Otherwise, pretty cool to be served portions rather than having the waiter hover around the table dishing out.



Ahh, the romantic rose bouquet. Crystals draping..



The wedding favour, 4 pc chocolate! Found the chocolate creamy and good.



Cold Dish Combination (Sauteed Shark's Fin Omelete, Sliced Barbequed Honey Pork, Drunken Chicken, Jelly Fish & Roasted Duck)

Found this very ordinary, the usual cold dish at every wedding, none too spectacular.



Deep Fried Crispy Wasabi Prawns with Seasonal Vegetables in a basket

No trace of wasabi despite the slight green hue, the prawn was crispy as described and at the very least not artificially crunchy. The basket was a flaky biscuit base which I seriously didn't fancy.




Braised Superior Soup with shredded abalone and four sea treasures

No shark's fin in sight, just soup with slices of chewy meat that I thought was mock abalone. Rather gooey imo, didn't enjoy this either.



Steamed sea bass with garlic and light soya sauce

At last! A dish I really enjoyed, pity the portion was kind of measly. Tender fish with flavourful sauce. I polished the shallots as well.



Smoked Farm chicken with rock sugar and rose tea leaf

The only redeeming part of the dish, the fried keropok. Chicken's juicy but normal in bite. No hint of rock sugar nor rose tea leaf.



Braised sea cucumber with mushroom and seasonal vegetable

Thankfully, I found another dish that was yummy.



Fried rice with preserved chicken sausage and dried shrimp wrapped in lotus leaf

The rice was too soft for my liking, not a hit with me nor the rest. Couldn't quite smell the lotus leaf fragrance.



Cream of walnut with glutinous rice ball

Disastrous it is, the walnut cream. Queer taste it had, the only saving grace, that one black sesame glutinous rice ball!

Chinese Petit Fours

The first time seeing it on the menu at weddings but we didn't stay long enough for that. I stole a peek at some tables whose petit fours arrived, just chinese pastries as I thought.

I am honestly surprised at the quality of food Ritz Carlton had to offer, didn't enjoy it. More misses than hits, unfortunately. What I did enjoy was everything else apart from food.

Comments