Another surprise from R that took "4 ERPs" in his words. :) Expensive cake with all that sincerity included I must say. Anyway that aside, I've been dying to try this since everyone started raving about the chiffon cakes from Tampopo Deli. And so many times I wanted to buy it, something or someone stopped me.
Now presenting, the reason behind the snaking queues and "sold out" sign I've seen so many times.


White box! Two slices of cheese chiffon inside. Tall pieces they are.

Standing tall at about 4.5 inches tall, poking my fork into it was a difficult task infact. The chiffon's so bouncy and fluffy, cutting it was a hilarious affair. I ended up having to very unglamorously tear such a delight apart. The cream's lightly sweetened and the grated cheese is only found on top of the cake. The chiffon bears no trace of cheese at all, more of just vanilla sponge. The cake's ethereal and drooliciously good but at such a price tag, I'd say it's SG's most expensive chiffon cake.
For the same price, I can get a whole chiffon cake of equivalent taste at Bengawan Solo. The taste of Tampopo isn't out of the world but it's different, more spongey perhaps.
I'll love to try the strawberry scoop cake...only when I'm feeling a weebit richer.
$6/slice
Tampopo Deli
B1-16, Liang Court Shopping Center
Opening hours: 11am to 9pm daily
Now presenting, the reason behind the snaking queues and "sold out" sign I've seen so many times.
White box! Two slices of cheese chiffon inside. Tall pieces they are.
Standing tall at about 4.5 inches tall, poking my fork into it was a difficult task infact. The chiffon's so bouncy and fluffy, cutting it was a hilarious affair. I ended up having to very unglamorously tear such a delight apart. The cream's lightly sweetened and the grated cheese is only found on top of the cake. The chiffon bears no trace of cheese at all, more of just vanilla sponge. The cake's ethereal and drooliciously good but at such a price tag, I'd say it's SG's most expensive chiffon cake.
For the same price, I can get a whole chiffon cake of equivalent taste at Bengawan Solo. The taste of Tampopo isn't out of the world but it's different, more spongey perhaps.
I'll love to try the strawberry scoop cake...only when I'm feeling a weebit richer.
$6/slice
Tampopo Deli
B1-16, Liang Court Shopping Center
Opening hours: 11am to 9pm daily
Comments
Post a Comment