Ondeh Ondeh @ Maxwell Road Food Centre

I've got the ultimate pleasure of having them for breakfast a few times now! A kind colleague always gets them for early morning meetings, the famous kuehs fresh from the oven at Maxwell Road Food Centre.

Ondeh-Ondeh


Comes in styrofoam boxes of 9 pieces. Each the size of a 50 cent coin, the green balls of glutinous rice stuffed with gula melaka is dusted with coconut flakes. A bite into the soft skin reveals potent gula melaka liquid. Felt the skin's too soft, lacks the bite of ondeh-ondeh. The skin's too soft imo, that's why most of the ondeh ondehs end up "leaking" even before they are consumed.

Tapioca Kueh

Another soft treat it is, this fared better than the ondeh ondeh, more fragrant it is!

I wouldn't say both warrant the long queues and "sold out signs" by late morning, both treats are on the soft side, I prefer kuehs with "bite".

Heng Heng Ondeh Ondeh & Tapioca Cake
Stall 31

Comments