Chippy's first created waves a number of years back with their "Fried Mars Bars" at Far East Plaza, till today I've never tried it. The whole concept of take aways somehow reminded me of Harry's. ;)
Many years back as a schoolgirl my Dad used to get me sinful takeaway lunches in the form of traditional fish and chips you'd eat in London. Food for the cabdrivers as he'd tell me. Harry Ramsdens Fish & Chips at Kallang I still remember. Fish and chips so different from the rest I've ever eaten. Thick potato slices and fried fish in a paper lunch box.
R dropped by with takeaways!
Fish & chips, $5

Fried till golden brown, the dory fish is thickly rolled in batter making it seem there's more dough than meat. The 'chips' here is interesting though, mashed potato in batter, a first for me. I liked it. The fish slices are rather generous, at least 10 pieces.
Fried chicken, $5

The reddish-brown chicken bites reminded me of prawn paste chicken. I found it rather tasteless and dry though. Not much of a meaty taste either, mostly just crunchy fried batter. I'd opt for the pasar malam kind of TW Chicken Chop over this anyday!
Between the two, I'd stick with the Fish & Chips.
It's about eating from the paperbag that changes the taste of the food. Weird, but really true. Picking at the food from the satay sticks gave it added thrill. Certainly not the best tasting with both being deep fried, but a once in a blue moon treat...why not?
Would love to try the sausages and mash next!
Chippy's British Take Away
Raffles City Basement (opp Donut Factory)
Many years back as a schoolgirl my Dad used to get me sinful takeaway lunches in the form of traditional fish and chips you'd eat in London. Food for the cabdrivers as he'd tell me. Harry Ramsdens Fish & Chips at Kallang I still remember. Fish and chips so different from the rest I've ever eaten. Thick potato slices and fried fish in a paper lunch box.
R dropped by with takeaways!
Fish & chips, $5

Fried till golden brown, the dory fish is thickly rolled in batter making it seem there's more dough than meat. The 'chips' here is interesting though, mashed potato in batter, a first for me. I liked it. The fish slices are rather generous, at least 10 pieces.
Fried chicken, $5

The reddish-brown chicken bites reminded me of prawn paste chicken. I found it rather tasteless and dry though. Not much of a meaty taste either, mostly just crunchy fried batter. I'd opt for the pasar malam kind of TW Chicken Chop over this anyday!
Between the two, I'd stick with the Fish & Chips.
It's about eating from the paperbag that changes the taste of the food. Weird, but really true. Picking at the food from the satay sticks gave it added thrill. Certainly not the best tasting with both being deep fried, but a once in a blue moon treat...why not?
Would love to try the sausages and mash next!
Chippy's British Take Away
Raffles City Basement (opp Donut Factory)

Comments
Post a Comment