Beng Thin Hoon Kee Restaurant @ OCBC Centre



I've honestly not heard of Beng Thin Hoon Kee Restaurant and shame on me actually. This hokkien restaurant perched on the 5th floor of OCBC Centre has tables booked months ahead just for CNY and I am really not surprised.



Beng Thin Prosperity Yusheng 

Hokkien yusheng or cantonese I probably cannot tell the main difference - I love my salads asian or not. The servers have been so well versed with the whole yusheng SOP, the auspicious greetings were done under 10 seconds and we were ready to toss. 




Not too sweet and refreshing. The crackers were so good, I was scraping the plate for more!





Crabmeat Fatt Choy Pottage

This probably had more starch than protein but was laden with so much fish maw, I'd have just called this fish maw soup.



Steam Fish Sea Bass

For good luck, a whole sea bass is served. Reasonably fresh considering it is CNY period and this was wiped clean, for the record.




Crispy Roast Chicken

This old school recipe resonated with me, complete with the crackers too. Albeit on the salty side, I had to give in to a slice of history.



Broccoli Sauteed with Prawns and Topshell

I actually liked this version with prawns and topshell in this broccoli medley.



Fujian Fried Noodle

Purportedly a signature, this fell flat in the face of disappointment with limp and soggy noodles, not to mention bland prawns.



Braised Pork Bun

Redemption is served with this saucy braised dish, not to mention fluffy steamed buns too!



Daily Dessert

Too sweet and no I am not a fan of canned fruit or sweetened tofu. This old school recipe didn't work for me.

Hit and misses with Beng Thin Hoon Kee yet overall a really pleasant experience.


8-10 pax $488++
12 pax $568++


Beng Thin Hoon Kee Restaurant
65 Chulia Street
#05-02 OCBC Centre
Singapore 049513

Comments