Monti @ 1 Pavillion

DSC_5102 DSC_5104 Monti celebrates their first year with a bang - throwing in one for one lunch deals which caught my attention and in true Singaporean kiasu style I got my lunch booked within days. DSC_5106
Replacing the previous Catalunya, the interior is mostly retained and the view of Marina Bay Sands is unbeatable.
DSC_5109
DSC_5110
Onion and Thyme Sea Salt Bread Roll
House smoked Nori Butter, Sesame and Seaweed Furikake

DSC_5111
These fluffy butter rolls were so soft and fragrant and we had two helpings with the nori butter.

DSC_5115
DSC_5119

DSC_5118

Pan seared Hokkaido Scallop
Celeriac Puree, Porcini Mushroom, Chestnut, Truffle Caviar


DSC_5121



Pan seared White Cod
Parma Ham, Smoked Almond Romesco, Squid Ink, Asparagus, Mediterranean Olive, Kale

DSC_5124
48 Hours Sous Vide Beef Short Ribs
Truffle Pommes Puree, Asparagus, Brussel Sprout, Crispy Toast, Barolo Wine Sauce


The battle of the mains with two strong contenders and by default it would have been beef short ribs but I ordered white cod anyway for comparison.


Surprise is the last thing on my mind, ham drapped proteins somehow signal warning bells in my head. Usually it is a disguise for bland food and I have hardly been wrong, until this course. I love how juicy and flaky the cod is, the parma ham was a lovely touch to it and who'd think olives and kale would be such a winning combination?


So much so, those tender ribs were second fiddle.

DSC_5127
Red Wine Poached Pear
Red Wine Jelly, Vanilla Gelato, Crème Chantilly


Poached fruits are just not my kind of dessert, the poached fruit fan was however all praises. I enjoyed the wine jelly best.


$48++, 1-for-1 now until 30 April.


Monti
1 Pavillion
82 Collyer Quay

Comments