Blue Lotus Eating House Revisited @ Quayside Isle

I haven't gotten sick of Blue Lotus...yet and that really does spell more visits until I can check off all that I want to try from their menu. Fact is, I love the whole riveside vibe, it is less chaotic, rowdy and the human traffic at Blue Lotus is expectedly brisk but throw me good food, I am all good.









DSC_5034


Blue Lotus Signature Lemongrass Prawn Sticks with Citrus Spicy Dressing ($18)


It seems like one of the must order signatures and their fish skin and pork belly are stellar so I did think this would be a home run. Except, it was missing out some oomph. Prawn sticks with chestnuts and some mince made for a decent starter, just not wow.










DSC_5043


Josper Grilled Barramundi Fish Fillet with Pickled Chilli Sauce ($34)




I have no reason not to include this in my list of favourite dishes. Crispy skin, succulent flesh and on point piquant chilli sauce that rendered this so yummy with just rice.












DSC_5045


Poached Chinese Spinach with Superior Stock and Duo Eggs ($24) just because we wanted something soupy and not I was not feeling like soup.




DSC_5046




Wok Fried "Mee Sua" and Assorted Seafood ($32)


Unfortunately for me, I was not sold on this wok fried mee sua, especially since the last visit saw me drooling over their XO mee pok. Rather ordinary as per the other dishes we ordered that day.






DSC_5066




Chilled Durian Shaved Ice and Durian Puree ($14) is going to be a staple, partly because of the unforgiving weather but also because it is the bestest dessert on their menu! Twice and still soooo good. It is one of those desserts that definitely tastes better when it isn't shared. Milky shaved ice meets thick durian puree. SHIOK factor gao gao.


Definitely this is not my last visit to Blue Lotus Eating House, I am dying for those crabs once again and not to mention char siew and XO mee pok.


Blue Lotus Eating House
Quayside Isle








Comments