Koh Sushi and Grill Revisited @ Wisma

koh3 Wow, has it been 5 years since I paid Koh Sushi a visit? They've gotten slightly more space and the queue system less chaotic. I remember waiting up to 30 minutes in line for a table but by a stoke of luck we scored one almost immediately.


Prices seemed to be constant and portions similar to how I remember them to be. Here's my chowdown,

koh4




I definitely got caught in the whole fried fish skin business, I had them dunked in mayo and they were so addictive!




koh2

Pitan Tofu ($4)


The same dish I try to replicate at home and I'd say, I've mastered it pretty well! This is a reminder why I should eat at home more often, pricey portions! Chilled tofu with diced pitan and topped with pitan sauce and spring onions. Sounds that easy? It is that easy!


koh5

Shiok Maki ($16.80)
Grilled eel

koh7
Shiok Maki Version 2 ($16.80)
Prawn Tempura


Koh Sushi and Grill is famous for these shiok makis that resonate so well  with locals - whether or not it's the name or the hype of this ingredient laden dish, eating the same dishes so many years later, I'd have to say - either standard dropped or I have eaten so many better dishes. Both struck me as too sweet. The prawn tempura was cold and the least I would have expected is to have it lukewarm.


Tak shiok, these were hinging on.

koh6


Yakitori (from $2 a stick)
Shisamo, Pork Neck, Bacon with Asparagus, Tsukune



A tad too charred and by the time I made it to these, they were barely piping hot.


This trip back to a restaurant from yesteryears just reminded me what I loved 5 years back - cream, pitan tofu and well, flying fish roe.


Koh Sushi and Grill
Wisma Food Republic

Comments