CNY 2018: Sugarthieves.co

DSC_9319




I was introduced to Sugarthieves.co this year as a must buy for pineapple tarts. Word has it that Calleen had a stint at Le Cordon Bleu and dabbled in cakes before churning out these highly soft after festive babies.


DSC_9325




I scored the Prosperity Bundle that showcases the season's selections all in one and in miniatures! I cannot deal with a cookie I do not fancy and still have to eat through the whole tub. Cuts wastage methinks.


DSC_9322


Handwritten tags for that personal touch.




DSC_9329


In its full golden glory at the top 9. I got lost in the sea of flavours, matcha, earl grey lemon, cheese, hae bi hiam, tom yum, black sesame, seaweed, salted egg, original!




DSC_9331




The salted egg deserves a mention alongside hae bi hiam which is my favourite flavor of the pack. I love how buttery the crust is and mildly sweet the pineapple filling is, it doesn't crack at all and infact just melts away into deliciosity. Salted egg has to trump all the snacks that are raging with the right balance of sweet and savoury.


DSC_9332


Needless to say the original is a winning recipe - I'm definitely ordering them again next CNY!


DSC_9334




Dark chocolate sables and cornflake cookies also formed the pack that gave a preview of the baking prowess - both aren't as outstanding as the pineapple tarts unfortunately.


DSC_9335




So which cookies will you be stuffing your faces with today?


Comments