Festive Weekend Brunch @ Salted and Hung

DSC_5799

I have had plenty of good meals and a number of poor ones this year and the Hubba and I were determined to make the last one a smashingly impressionable one - so why not head for the classics? Originally the plan was to end off with Ki-sho but that happened weeks early so we decided to head for a place good and easier on the pocket.


DSC_5798




DSC_5749


Words of edible wisdom.












We've been fans of Chef Drew and Salted and Hung for a while now but a first for their Sunday brunch - an all you can eat ala carte buffet.


Pacing is very important for their buffet since we were cautioned against overdosing on the chacuterie or antipasti.






DSC_5742





Charcuterie and Antipasti Bar






DSC_5754

The spread was an adequate showcase of their curing techniques, I only wish lardo was more available!



DSC_5756


Cured Salmon, Burnt Cream, Kelp


Home cured salmon just upped the game by several notches.






DSC_5757





Halibut, Caviar Crostini




I mistook this for crabmeat, so tasty and the halibut was hardly fishy. Infact I'd not have thought this is even fish if I blind tasted tested this.







DSC_5765


Portobello Egg on Toast




The new brunch staple - earthy meets creamy.








DSC_5768





Freemantle Octopus, Quandong, Sweet Corn was made perfect with those slices of lardo. I could just eat heaps of that without any other ingredients. Hell yeah to lard.





DSC_5774


Duck Roulade, Roasted Roots, Cranberry  would definitely give suckling pig a serious run for its money. I enjoyed it skin, fats and all, duck confit could be the only duck dish I can order over and over again, until duck roulade comes along and changes that game.





DSC_5772




Wagyu Ragu, Homemade Pasta, Beef Fat Crumbs


Ban mian gone western with a touch of beef fat and hearty beef ragu.



DSC_5776


Mussels, White Wine, Herbs was an awakening dish - I have been overcooking my mussels all these while! These were juicy, flavourful and boy, so addictive.



DSC_5777


Wagyu Rump Cap, Onion, Beef Fat Potato makes your money worth while if you eat this and really nothing else. So succulent and that sprinkle of sea salt is heaven on earth kinda yum.


DSC_5780




Beef fat potatoes? Like poutine, only way way way way WAY much better.


DSC_5781




Baked Ham, Rum Spiced Pineapple just because it's festive. I actually liked the pineapple more than the ham.





DSC_5793






Panettone, Custard, Drunken Fruit is a typical Italian dessert served at Christmas and the store bought ones have sworn me off it. I guess nothing beats the freshly baked ones anyway - so here's my first proper and very delicious panettone.








Log Cake, Spices, Cherries made for a serious case of chocolate swiss roll with drunken cherries.



DSC_5787


Mont Blanc to end things on a snowy note. Don't we all love a wintry holiday somewhere with the air so crisp and cold and that French pastry.


I'd say I am terribly sold on their Sunday brunches, after this one. More returns planned!




$75++ per pax






Salted and Hung

Comments