CNY 2018: Wan Hao @ Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza

~Invited Session~

DSC_6708
Call me kiasu but I'm so glad I've booked my tables for CNY. If you have not, I hope these reviews will be pointing you in the right direction.


DSC_6685

Braised Bird's Nest with Assorted Dried Seafood Broth and Golden Superior Stock




If shark's fin is not up your alley, bird's nest does an equally luxurious version with superior stock, seafood broth and a ton of dried seafood.
DSC_6651
DSC_6647
DSC_6656
DSC_6660
Lobster, Scallop, Salmon, Tuna and Caviar Yu Sheng with Kumquat Sauce

DSC_6665
This is chirashi don without rice and upscaled many folds over. Were you also drawn to the raw fish lantern?


DSC_6669

Wan Hao Imperial Pot of Prosperity Pen Cai

DSC_6677
One pot meal literally, but what was not upfront was it's a one pot imperial feast of fried oysters, braised irish duck, abalone, fish maw and the list just goes on and on and it's a whole black moss oyster mushroom dish gone luxurious. I love how the crispy fried oysters gives texture to the otherwise mushy and soft meal.


I am dead serious when I say this dish alone is suffice for a CNY meal.


DSC_6687

Deep-Fried Lobster with Yuzu Mayonnaise and Broccoli

DSC_6688
Convenience is eating your lobster without having to fight fork and knife with the crustacean. Crispy bites laced with a tangy sauce.



DSC_6694


Braised U.S. Short Ribs in Japanese Light Soya Sauce


DSC_6697





Deep-fried Cod Fish with Celery Sauce


Between the fish and beef, without sounding too much like a economy class meal, I liked fish better. That crisp, pan seared exterior and flaky innards made me drool just thinking of it. Now, only if I was not so stuffed from the other dishes!


DSC_6698

Crispy Pork Trotter with Wolfberry Sauce


For the health conscious carnivore, the crispy pig trotters was sliced thin and served with red dragonfruit, some vegetable sticks and wolfberry sauce. Sounds like a salad mix?


DSC_6705

Chilled Lemongrass Jelly with Lemon Sorbet


Much needed respite after all the artery clogging food I fed my system with - lemon grass jelly and lemon sorbet seems to be the winning combination time and again.


Note that this menu is not from a set but a selection of their signatures though I do think the carnivores would love to see this as a menu without the carbs and dessert even.


DSC_6718


Golden Nian Gao Tart with Yam ($28)




These babies are so fragrant, the moment the lid is lifted it smelt of a sweet combination of pandan and coconut.


DSC_6730


Doggone so so so good! These can be eaten chilled or baked and it comes with a melty crust, sticky nian gao over yam filling.



DSC_6738


I definitely had problems stopping at one tart.



DSC_6739


Bow-wow, are you ready for the Year of the Dog?


Wan Hao
Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza

Comments