Limapulo: Baba can cook @ Jalan Doraisamy, Kuala Lumpur

DSC_4612 After having such great Peranakan food in Johor Bahru, I was so convinced anywhere else out of Malacca would have equally good Peranakan fare. So, Tripadvisor and a couple of food blogs brought me to Limapulo: Baba Can Cook.
DSC_4611

Drawn to their crazily affordable lunch sets priced at RM 9.90, we had a field day ordering a number to share.
DSC_4625

Sate (RM 14.90)


Served barely hot, my chicken sates came with skin on and not grilled till charred. Such a disappointment, maybe just grilled chicken would have been a more apt description.


DSC_4620


Kueh Pie Tees, just because it is peranakan and sadly, except for the shells, the stuffing was way too sweet.


DSC_4622


Fried Kang Kong Sambal Belachan (RM 15)




I thought this was dead spicy and a tad over powering for this vegetable dish.


DSC_4626


Nasi Lemak (RM 9.90)




All the other nasi lemaks have spoiled me so, rendering this so ordinary.


DSC_4631



Cucur Udang (RM 9.90) is their version of rojak, a medley of dough fritters, cucumber and boiled egg blanketed with a sweet sauce.






DSC_4632


Curry Chicken (RM 9.90)





I'd have love for this to be more coconuty and richer, a letdown.




DSC_4624


Nonya Laksa (RM 9.90)




The signature and with a limit of just 70 bowls a day, I wish it arrived piping hot but I am not complaining when the spot on gravy was so tasty, I lapped it all up readily. If there's one dish to order, this will be it.



DSC_4635



Thanks to the toddler we had in tow, we were gifted a swiss roll and boy, it was mighty delish! No offence but it was the yummiest thing of the meal. Spongey and soft, I'd gladly pack a roll or two even.


Hits and misses at Limapulo, there are few to stick strictly to and the swiss roll and assam laksa are two of them.




Limapulo: Baba can cook
50 Jalan Doraisamy

Comments