Ah Gong Laksa @ Taman Desa Tebrau

DSC_3096


After sussing out my favourite Nasi Lemak place, I figured it was high time I moved onto hunting down the best of other delicacies too. Ah Gong's has a legacy dating 1978 and has been serving up bowls of comforting laksa since 1978!


DSC_3085


The signature Ah Gong's Laksa (RM 6.60) that I was looking forward to.


DSC_3090


No hum and mainly fishballs, fishcakes, beancurd skins and a dollop of belachan. The gravy was too watery to be considered a legit bowl of laksa. I was disappointed.


By the way there is a Granny's version and I'm not sure what is the difference but I'm definitely stopping at Ah Gong's.


DSC_3093


Their version of bak chor mee with a sweet sauce tossed noodles and minced meat! A tad sweet but still a more decent effort than the laksa.


DSC_3095


Fish ball soup.


DSC_3091




Traditional Malaysian breakfast that really was not worth travelling for nor wasting my calories over.


Ah Gong Laksa
No.1, Jalan Harmonium 35/1, Taman Desa Tebrau
Johor Bahru

Comments