Tong Guan Kopitiam @ City Square

DSC_6520


I hide no shame in admitting I head over the Causeway for my egg sponge cake fixes - the queues are way shorter and they are priced way more wallet friendly. Granted there are other errands to run as well!


DSC_6521


The price lists - loud and clear, outstanding and visible.


DSC_6522


The queue system is well thought through and I prefer this over physically queuing. I even had time to see how they unveiled their freshly baked cakes from the oven!


DSC_6523 DSC_6524 DSC_6530 DSC_6533 DSC_6536 DSC_6542


Hot, steaming and measured to precision.


DSC_6543


Spot the oozing cheese at the corners. At RM19 this was a steal, given our strong currency too.


DSC_6588




After a good 6 hours later, it looked pretty much intact! I've had the cake straight from the oven and hours later - still sold on that marshmellowy texture that makes eating clouds - a very possible idea. Original and cheese have both won our hearts, onto their chicken floss and chocolate flavours next!

Comments