Strong Flour Revisited @ Katong V

DSC_9739

Halloween calls for a celebration - well I find enough reasons to and off we went for dinner at my favourite place - Tuesdays are Pasta days and Wednesdays, Pizza! The second mains goes for a whooping 50 off. Sweet deals.




DSC_9948


Crispy Pig's Ears Salad ($17) got me sold on the pig's ears. Tasty stuff that potentially can replace the evil chips yet this was a salad to make up for all the guilt.


DSC_9956





Seafood Stew ($24)
Prawns, Scallops, Squid, Barramundi, Homemade Garlic Bread


I hold Dolcetto's Seafood Stew in such high regard, this version is way lighter. Great for those who prefer their soups consistency thin and packed with seafood.




DSC_9957


Comes with a side of homemade garlic bread too, yums!


DSC_9709


Chilli Crab Penne ($18)






Sell me a chilli crab dish and I'd order 95% of the time. Group Therapy does a very mean version of Chilli Crab Pie and the penne dish was spot on delicious. A dash of chilli padi would have given it the oomph yet I am likin' this!


DSC_9933






























DSC_9725





Meatball Fettucine ($16)
Fettucine, Beef and Pork Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Parmesan Cheese






This reminds me of Subway's Meatball Marinara Sandwich with those large meat golf balls and pile of pasta. While the meatballs were slightly lacking in taste, the tomato pasta sauce and fettucine oodles were so delicious on their own!






DSC_9731

Chicken Porcini Ravioli ($18)







Little pasta parcels stuffed with mushrooms and clothed in cream sauce. Heavy to eat alone so recommended to share!


DSC_9712

Carbonara ($16)
Bucatini, Pancetta, Egg Yolks, Spinach


DSC_9713








I love their version of carbonara and I hardly like carbonara, classic Italian with just egg yolks and butter.






DSC_9716
Ham and Cheese Panzerotti ($12)


DSC_9724





Every cuisine has its take on the puff and the Italians have theirs in the version of a incredibly thin, flaky and crispy pastry. The cracking of the layers is music to the ears and unveil ham and cheese - my idea of a heavenly combination.

Handmade pasta makes Strong Flour tick and I was surprised all their pasta is handmade - shame on me for thinking spaghetti and even penne are store bought! This place would appeal to ban mian lovers, the noodles pack a certain density and bite that makes consuming such a hearty affair.


Strong Flour
Katong V

Comments