Shiraishi Japanese Restaurant @ Ritz Carlton Singapore

DSC_8201

I love birthday dinners, infact, there are few people who will pamper me the same way I'd pamper them. So off we went to Shiraishi for a good night - at least that was the intent.

DSC_8238 




DSC_8202

Shiraishi strikes me as aloof as with most Japanese restaurants but the only thing that differentiates is, they remained aloof till the bill arrived. So much for customer service, eh?

DSC_8206

Sushi Kaiseki was available at three different price points -  $150, $200 and $270.  I opted for the $200 course.
DSC_8204

Appetizer was a predictable broiled vegetable served with inari skin and bonito flakes.

DSC_8211

Grilled gingko nuts that are a little nutty and chewy. The sprinkling of salt gives this a nice savoury finish.
DSC_8212 DSC_8214 DSC_8220

Sashimi always makes me a happy and satisfied diner, nothing to fault with the selection except I have tasted fresher ika.

DSC_8225

Grilled Dish of king crabs and that sliver of creamy roe, which was certainly enough to keep the belly happy. Such is a luxury to have your crabs deshelled and I was savouring every bite!

DSC_8235

Tempura sakura ebi was certainly another treat, incredibly light batter with heaps of baby shrimp. Paired with seasalt for a crispy treat or douse in radish and dashi stock for a different experience altogether.

DSC_8230

Simmered fish dish with chestnut mousse! Definitely a seasonal pick and the fish was simmered beautifully and so were the chestnut steamed. I love my chestnuts and these were just another reason why I love them so.


DSC_8205 DSC_8227

Sushi in the same order of the sashimi which was disappointing. The chef very candidly decided to engage us in conversation after his regular customer left - hurhur. "Less rice?"

DSC_8241 Flounder

DSC_8243

Toro

DSC_8244

The pattern formed by the slices of toro. 


DSC_8246
Aji


DSC_8248 Pre marinated tuna
DSC_8249

Pickles

DSC_8252 

Uni


  DSC_8254 DSC_8253 Anago


DSC_8255

Clam soup is always a winner for me.

DSC_8256

DSC_8259

Dessert of 3 bites of melon.

I left unsatisfied, whether it is the food or service both were lacking and for a fact, I would have gotten better service and value else where.

Shiraishi
Ritz Carlton

Comments