Indian Curry House @ Upper East Coast Road


DSC_5751





Indian Curry House has been around for even longer than Zaffron Kitchen if memory serves me right and I guess curiosity killed the cat enough for me to finally pay it a visit.







DSC_5757





These tasted like papadum crackers.





DSC_5760


Fish Cake ($10.90)
Mashed chunks of fish, chilli mayonnaise






A far cry from the published, these flattened and more than golden brown fish cakes were slightly burnt and were more of potato than fish cakes.






DSC_5758



Mulligtawny Shorba ($7)
South Indian Lentil Soup










Imagine an MSG laden mee soto soup? This was it and nowhere near the curried version I love.











DSC_5762




Sheekh Kebab ($17.90)
Minced Lamb


Smoky sticks of minced lamb peppered with enough herbs.








DSC_5765




Chicken Tikka Masala ($17.90)
Onion Gravy


Mostly sweet and missing out on some heat, while it looked the part, I thought it fell short of expectations.






DSC_5764




Aloo Gobi ($12.90) is one of the vegetable dishes I must order everytime I eat Indian food. The aromatic gravy and potatoes especially is what I get so sold on.








DSC_5767




Garlic Naan ($4)
Cheese Naan ($4)




Between the two, cheese naan fared better with a copious amount of cheese. I suppose anything with cheese tastes great.








Service was far from great - just because we were using the Eatigo app meant I had to be subjected to higher priced food containers. Read $2 per container per dish. Anyway, not that it marred the experience completely but food was good enough for that one visit.






Indian Curry House
27 Upper East Coast Road

Comments