The Drunken Poet Revisited @ Orchard

We headed back to our favourite gastro bar for some hearty western food sans the crowd and right at midday - hurhur, the things that parenthood makes us do. With a kid in tow, anytime can be beer-o-clock, regardless of time.

DSC_0926

Spicy Red Bull Wings ($10)

Ultimate bar food and in the numerous times we've patronized The Drunken Poet, this has been a perma order. Spicy, sticky and so satisfying, I particularly love the heat in the sauce.

DSC_0923

Caesar Salad ($14)
Grilled Chicken ($2)

DSC_0922

 Smoked Salmon Salad ($15)

Both salads were served in decent portions and I am actually surprised diners do order salads at a bar!




DSC_0933

Fish and Chips ($18)

I found the cod tasteless yet tartare sauce is always a smart way to mask the lack of taste or fishyness in most cases.

DSC_0940

Poet's Triple Patty Burger ($19)

Bring a man-petite if this is ordered. Great value and features the full works of a tummy bursting brunch - bacon, fried onions, fried egg and a huge chunk of beef patty.

DSC_0937

Grilled Chicken Burger ($16)

DSC_0930

Guinness Beef Stew ($18)

Pub food means this goes perfect with a pint of stout, hearty yummy stew.

DSC_0929

Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie ($16)

The meat potato ratio was an even 50-50 though I suspect my mom's version would have spoilt me so (hers are easily 80-20) and this was still a legit version.

DSC_0939


Chef's Pork Ribs ($24)

These are the wings are a must order, full marks for flavour and smokeyness.

By now, I'm sure you realise how much of a fan I am of The Drunken Poet and strangely, not once I've been here at night. Perhaps someday when a pint and a world cup match would beckon.

The Drunken Poet
01 -29C Orchard Towers

Comments