Nesuto Patisserie @ Tras Street



Nesuto stands out along the stretch of eateries along Tras Street for being the only patisserie. The minimalistic decor is complemented by floral artwork on the wall and plenty of pastels.













Sliced cakes and individual cakes adorn the center piece and while I was tempted by their beautiful creations I thought I went the less adventurous route for the first visit.




Yuzu Raspberry ($9)
Yuzu Meringue Mousse, Fresh Raspberry, Japanese Cotton Sponge,  Ivoire 35% Whipped Ganache

Amongst the seasonal fruit produce, yuzu ranks tops. This version was just not the best I've had for yuzu, the raspberries ended up too sour, the yuzu too sweet (which I suspect was from yuzu jam than the fruit itself), the meringue mousse was too stark a contrast in terms of texture from the strangely dense cake. Odd cake as it sounds, odd cake as it tasted.



Le Goma ($9)
Japanese Black Sesame Jaconde, Japanese Black Sesame Creme, Diplomat, Japanese Black and White Sesame Streusel

The first thing that caught my eye was the flavour - goma is a weakness and this was naturally a must order for me.  Except, I was not prepared for the ill constructed cake (it barely balanced because it was lopsided) and with such a light sponge, the creme was clearly too heavy for it and it was wobbling throughout before falling flat on its face.



Marginally better than the Yuzu Raspberry, I just don't think I will be returning for their sliced cakes anytime soon. And not to worsen matters, their cheesecakes as introduced are their densest cakes with plenty of cheese and chocolate. Oh. My. Goodness.


Nesuto 
53 Tras Street

Comments