Honeycake @ Twelve Cupcakes


DSC_2192

Twelve Cupcakes have since branched beyond cupcakes and for a while now, been offering the highly sought after honey cake.

DSC_2195

I've not been to Australia to rave about the epic honey cake that most travellers say is a die-die must try. The Russians and English can fight tooth and nail laying claim over who owns the recipe of the honey cake but from a Singaporean's point of view, this does look quite like the kueh lapis that I grew up with, except honey glazes every layer before being topped with what looks like and tastes like cake crumbles.

DSC_2200

I won't say I am an immediate fan, the sugar levels does hit me hard somewhere after the first few bites. The density of the cake layers too does not make this a top favourite too when picking a cake. If adventure is up your palette, try adding a dash of soya sauce to it, it miraculously produces a flavour profile of salted caramel. How odd.


Just once and curiosity satisfied. I'd stick to their cupcakes.

Comments