Cracker Jack @ Tanjong Pagar



Tanjong Pagar Road is so overstudded with bridal studios, when a cafe takes over, the row suddenly seems different. Cracker Jack has been under my radar for quite awhile now and then, one of those days that I need some me time, I found myself in a row of likeminded diners.



People work furiously on laptops, some staring into space and others like me, are quietly observing. Such is the dynamics of the working lunch goers at Cracker Jack. Somewhat eclectic, if you ask me. And then I find out Cracker Jack's by the same people behind i28 HongKong Street and Proof and Company Spirits.




The matching utensil tumbler, mug and menu.

 


Lentil Mushroom Scotch Egg ($16) reinvents the wheel with a vegetarian in mind. 



The runny poached egg is coated beautifully with lentils and mushrooms before being given a new lease of life with an incredibly crisp layer, served with an appetizing lemon hummus and pita crackers. 



Not forgetting this orange jam thumbprint cookie that came with my meal, it was a nice sweet touch to it.

I enjoyed the afternoon at Cracker Jack, it's quaint, it's charming, it's got abit of everything for that me-time respite. Be back soon!  

Cracker Jack
43 Tajong Pagar Rd

Comments