Noodle Panda @ Bedok Point

DSC_6117

Bedok Point is a mall I do not get and with such a strange collection of tenants I was still curious to check Noodle Panda out. It is a panda themed restaurant with a Szechuan menu - no relation to pandas unless pandas originated from the Sichuan province.

DSC_6118

Anyhow, noodles are their specialty and on picture, most dishes were soaking in chilli oil.


DSC_6123

Hot and Sour Pig Intestine Rice Noodle ($7.50)

DSC_6127

The noodles reminded me of rice vermicelli and it smelt funky - the pigs intestines infact but to the regular kway chap diner, this is normal. Personally I did not enjoy the smell nor the consistency of the noodles, much less to appreciate the peppercorns or peanuts but apparently, the one who frequents China says it is a decent attempt but the motherland still does it better.

DSC_6121

Special Sauced Sliced Beef ($8.60)

I was reminded of  the fragrant hotpot that once set my throat on fire and got me so addicted. I do not like the amount of chilli oil, still but those slices of beef with tendon and fat tasted the equivalent of pork neck.

DSC_6120

Fried Green Beans ($7.90) 

Too oily and the green beans were fried too soft.

DSC_6129

Wantons in Chilli Oil ($7.50)

DSC_6132

Finally, this was the only dish I was most comfortable with even with chilli oil. Those wanton skins are different from those eaten elsewhere, chewier and holds up the ingredients better than the silken ones.

DSC_6115

Their price point is a little queer with sides costing more than mains and dishes are definitely not for the faint hearted.

Noodle Panda
Bedok Point 799 New Upper Changi Road #03-35

Comments