Laaf Bistro @ East Coast Road

DSC_4977

Laaf Bistro caught my eye for being so tiny. What a way to discover an eatery actually but with Baker's Well now closed, I have one less place to visit in the vicinity.

DSC_4974

It was operating at almost full capacity with just under 20 diners and the space is too cramped in my opinion for a cosy meal.

DSC_4962

Self service corner.

DSC_4967

Beef Burger ($18.90)
180g hand mixed beef patty, lettuce, sliced tomato, beetroot, japanese cucumber, cheddar, sunny side up

DSC_4973

Hearty goodness in a single bun, save for the portions which were meant more for small eaters. I'd love a larger portion of this spot on burger.

DSC_4964

Fish and Chips ($18.90)
Battered snapper, garlic aioli, fries, salad

Snapper is hardly used in fish and chips and I wonder why. The firm flesh with no aftertaste does makes a great ingredient for this dish, wins dory hands down if you ask me. The fritter was exceptionally crunchy with salt and herb peppered fries, I could have found the bistro for fish and chips!


Laaf Bistro
37 East Coast Road

Comments