Tokyo Disneysea Eats

DSC_8422

I could get condemned if I say what is going to Tokyo without visiting Disney Sea when there are in actual fact tons of attractions that makes Tokyo so irresistible as a travel destination.

The struggle between Disney Sea and Land is real, I opted for the latter though I secretly wished I had time for both, just because Sea is exclusive to Japan. Sigh, the game of exclusives again!

DSC_8431

2016 was their 15th anniversary and be sure they spread this message loud and clear - starting with their train cabins!

DSC_8430

And the train handles too!

DSC_8432

The train ride on the resort line brought us around to the hotels even - and this is a serious case of OCD.

DSC_8433

How neatly the cars are parked.

DSC_8435

Last stop! Doesn't the sky look particularly blue? It could just be because I am in the happiest place on earth.

DSC_8434

With a skip and a hop and the happiness of a 5 year old child, I made my way into the land of happiness. Water coolers are far and few so I'd suggest filling your tumblers at the cooler near this statue before diving into the theme park where food and beverage are also tagged happy prices - happiness does not come cheap.

DSC_8440

Spot the crew!

DSC_8442


DSC_8541

DSC_8443

The ladies with these bunches of balloons always make for a great photo opportunity and I wonder why they stopped selling the foil balloons. Those look heaps better and are more attractive than these plastic looking ones.

DSC_8454

One of the parades underway with hordes of people. I can probably not quite put a finger to how many people they allow into the theme park but every one is conscious minded!

DSC_8455

When in Disney, wear a head gear. Hi Donald!

DSC_8463

The Duffy and Shellie May infatuation is real.

DSC_8479

And more!

DSC_8508

There's a whole community of them. 

The truth is, Disneysea is so huge I can spend the whole day just walking around snapping pictures. The queues are a given, from the toilet to the food carts to the rides and even merchandise shops.

DSC_8507

Christmas is in the air!

DSC_8525

Spot nemo!

DSC_8526

DSC_8531

Minnie made it to the artists' water art collection.

DSC_8542

Those blue waters are so inviting, enter the kingdom of Mediterranean Harbour!

DSC_8476

DSC_8464

DSC_8465

I should have heeded advice to be there when the gates swing open for those highly sought after fast passes (Disney does not believe in letting theme park goers pay for fast pass) that are issued at kiosks near the rides.

So we ended up with fast pass tickets for rides at 935pm. No prizes for guessing if we utilized the fast pass.

Some other rides ended up issuing all their passes so join the queue please! These rides tend to have waiting times lasting from 120 minutes and longer. Thank god for winter because queueing in summer would have been suicidal. Alternatively, just head for the single rider option - queues move much faster too!

 Rides

DSC_8528

Indiana Jones® Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull promises a ride like no other, I would suggest going in as single riders to cut your waiting time by half at least!

DSC_8536


DSC_8538


Mermaid lagoon was a kids' haven, all the rides were so friendly and the area beautifully created. I wish I had a kid with me not to look like an oversized kid in this attraction.


Mascot Sightings

DSC_8527

These are considered an attraction of its own, to sight the disney classics in their full armour. If time is a humongous luxury, queueing for a snap with all of them can take half a day or more. Certainly takes more than a stoke of luck to even spot Minnie anywhere! 

DSC_8471

Had it not been for the squealing crowd, I'd have just gave these mascots a miss - say what? And even after my visit I still have no clue what these are - so much for being a Disney fan!

DSC_8473

DSC_8470


DSC_8475


DSC_8552

Daisy duck!! The closest I got to a Disney character that I grew up with at least!

Food Carts

What is a theme park visit without food and beverage? I was prepared to empty my pockets for the overpriced snacks just because it is Disney. It turns out that every other person walking into those gates of Disney had the same intent in mind because every other cart I walked past had a long queue and thank god for the forgiving weather, queuing was pretty much a breeze!


DSC_8462

Hot dog cart!

DSC_8532




DSC_8466

Dessert carts like these are spotted all over the park and have the shortest queues strangely.

DSC_8467


DSC_8484

Popsicles in winter sounds like a brain freeze but these were popular throughout the park!

DSC_8486

While everyone was headed for the Tiramisu Icecream Sandwich, I had my mind on the other Seasalt Icecream Monaka!

DSC_8490

My pretty pink shell shaped icecream sandwich (JPY 310)!

DSC_8494

I don't remember loving Meiji icecreams this much until Disneysea, frosty vanilla icecream with hints of seasalt and a strawberry jam center and finally crispy wafer coating. Oh yummy!
DSC_8509

I hunted these down for the famous Unikaman Shrimp Bun (JPY450)!

DSC_8512

My spoils from the first three stations and the queueing time took up enough time.

DSC_8514

Hello, my bun shaped like a float with pink strips of dough - it does resemble the float from a seaside trip and Donald looks like he's taking a swim in it!

DSC_8522

For a convenience snack, these machine made buns are reasonable. I did not quite get the shrimp paste filling much, pretty tasteless but this is Disney and so everything should look happier than they taste.

DSC_8523

POPCORN.

This calls for a huge community of popcorn fans and I wish I really had the space to finish trying every single flavour available. So if you did not know by now, they retail popcorn by buckets (From JPY 1800) , refills (JPY 520), Disney boxes (JPY 1200) and ordinary packaging (JPY 320).

DSC_8524

Both the boxes and containers are equally cute!

DSC_8533

DSC_8535

Spot the 15th anniversary design!

DSC_8539

DSC_8540

Mr Potato Head dressed in a Christmas costume.

DSC_8477

DSC_8478


DSC_8505

This exclusive flavour sported one of the longest popcorn queues and they smelt like a chocolate factory would!

DSC_8481


DSC_8500

I still caved into one of these uber cute Duffy Bear collectible popcorn bucket.

DSC_8504

White chocolate popcorn was so addictive, just the perfect movie night snack I need. The white chocolate coating around each kernel was light enough to keep popping morsels nonstop.

DSC_8544

I swear I almost jumped for joy like a kid when I sighted this cart!

DSC_8545

Little Green Dumplings filled with cream were wildly popular. The queue snaked on for almost a full street and before I could catch a whiff they were sold out for the day. Bummer!

Dining in is not the best choice either at peak houses since precious time is spent in line waiting for a table anyway. Imagine the delis packed with people as well. We managed to do some takeaways and sat by the bench to mascot watch.

DSC_8547

Iceburg lettuce, cheese and a sesame dressing tasted exceptionally tasty in the theme park.

DSC_8548

Disney's take on Club Sandwich, not too shabby an attempt and did I also say cold sandwiches taste yummy too in winter?

DSC_8549

Even their coffee cups are cute!

DSC_8550

Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel turned out to be a favourite of this takeaway. Bagels were chewy and cream cheese with salmon is a guaranteed combo for success.

DSC_8551

Christmas was definitely in the air, I was feeling it most in the shops with frenzied shoppers of every conceivable nationality. We all spoke Disney.

DSC_8554

Goodnight Disneysea, thank you for the magic.

I wish I stayed long enough for the fireworks and Disney style ending to my day trip but I suppose that leaves room for another visit?

DSC_8558

With their furry red hats, the train ride out of Disney was equally magical. I wonder what kind of turnaround time the staff had to place hats on all of their trains.

Magic, is what you believe in.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the information it did help us as we traveled to Tokyo Disney Sea. After going and working hard to make the most of it, I must say I don’t see how anyone could spend so many days there. We enjoyed our time but to me Tokyo Disneysea is form over function. The rides are beautiful, well prepared, thoughtfully presented but then the ride itself is, meh. We thoroughly enjoyed Tower of Terror, but all the other rides were either a bore or just ok. We were very thankful for the fastpasses because if we had to watch the posted 70 minutes for some of the rides we might have cried ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. DisneySea is the best theme park ever. Loved Mysterious Island and the different types of popcorn. It’s clean, calm, and very orderly and the Disney staff are so kind. People there are so pleasant and we are going back again this year.��

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing your photos, I am in love with this place, I have to go there
    Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment